INTERACTION
http://www.ttapress.com/forum/

Shameless Self Promotion Thread
http://www.ttapress.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1277
Page 27 of 31

Author:  StevePalmer [ Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

You sure are! :D

Author:  Stu [ Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

My latest Sparking Neurones column is up at The Teeming Brain. This time round I discuss the '50s and '70s versions of Invasion of the Body Snatchers. http://www.teemingbrain.com/2014/04/07/ ... od-person/

Author:  des2 [ Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Very pleased to report that I have a story in THE REVELATOR Vol. 138 No.1
The Bookworm Issue

Here: http://revelatormagazine.com/issue/spec ... orm-issue/

Author:  NeilW [ Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:32 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Popping in to announce that my debut novel, The Moon King, is published today by NewCon Press.
http://neilwilliamson.wordpress.com/the-moon-king/

It's gathered a few decent reviews too:

“The Moon King belongs in the tradition of Mervyn Peake…an elegant, eloquent inquiry into the relationship between humankind and nature” The Financial Times
“The Moon King is an engrossing tale, with well-sustained mystery, charm and a tangible sense of impending danger. In a word, magic.” **** The List.
“One foot in literary fantasy, the other in pulp adventure…An exciting debut novel.” Amazing Stories
“The Moon King has you hooked from the start…Once you are drawn into the world Williamson has created you really want to find out what makes it tick ” Edinburgh Book Review
“The Moon King is a masterful work of science fiction…When I finished the last word of the last sentence I had to catch my breath.” Mass Movement Magazine

Author:  Andrew Hook [ Tue May 06, 2014 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

My short story, "Softwood", has been published in "La Femme" from NewCon Press and I've blogged about the gestation of the story here: http://andrew-hook.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/softwood.html

Author:  Ray [ Tue May 06, 2014 12:23 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Interesting stuff, Andrew. I've been wanting to write about (removed in case of spoilers) for a while but haven't yet found the right story for it. This one sounds like a cracker, and though I may have spoiled it a little by reading the blog I'm still looking forward to reading it.

(For some reason I couldn't add comments to the blog, though it did ask me to prove I wasn't a robot by typing in 'affirmative'. :-) )

Author:  Andrew Hook [ Thu May 08, 2014 8:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Ray wrote:
Interesting stuff, Andrew. I've been wanting to write about (removed in case of spoilers) for a while but haven't yet found the right story for it. This one sounds like a cracker, and though I may have spoiled it a little by reading the blog I'm still looking forward to reading it.

(For some reason I couldn't add comments to the blog, though it did ask me to prove I wasn't a robot by typing in 'affirmative'. :-) )


Cheers Ray! And I'll have to check the settings on my blog as it should allow comments

Author:  des2 [ Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

I have started reviews of:
The Moon King by Neil Williamson: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... illiamson/
Descended Suns Resuscitate by Avalon Brantley: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... suscitate/

The tree I discovered in Frinton yesterday: http://nullimmortalis.wordpress.com/201 ... test-news/

Author:  Ray [ Fri May 30, 2014 2:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

I've got a chapbook coming out soon...

Bad things happen to good people, but sometimes the reverse is true, too.

For Josh, falling in love does not fit in with his rock and roll lifestyle. And falling for someone who believes in mermaids? Who wants to be one? Well, he wasn’t expecting that, either.

But the sea is deep with mysteries. Sometimes they wash ashore, whispered in the hush of a quiet tide, and all you have to do is listen. Other times you have to explore the dark beneath the surface yourself, unsure of what you might find…

'Water For Drowning' is my forthcoming chapbook available from This is Horror. You can preorder here:http://www.thisishorror.co.uk/shop/water-for-drowning-by-ray-cluley/

(Personally, I think it's worth getting just for the cover work - Pye Parr's art is absolutely gorgeous.)

(But then perhaps I'm biased. :D )

Author:  Andrew Hook [ Fri May 30, 2014 8:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Looks great - and you're right, it is a stunning cover! I'm sure the contents will do it justice. :)

Author:  NeilW [ Fri May 30, 2014 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

des2 wrote:
I have started reviews of:
The Moon King by Neil Williamson: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... illiamson/


Enjoying your real time review, Des. Or at least your on going reader reaction (thanks for not detailing the plot!). It's been very interesting, from my point of view, to look over your shoulder as it were as you encounter each section.

Thanks for taking the time
Neil

Author:  des2 [ Sat May 31, 2014 10:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

NeilW wrote:
des2 wrote:
I have started reviews of:
The Moon King by Neil Williamson: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... illiamson/


Enjoying your real time review, Des. Or at least your on going reader reaction (thanks for not detailing the plot!). It's been very interesting, from my point of view, to look over your shoulder as it were as you encounter each section.

Thanks for taking the time
Neil


Thanks, Neil.
Just finished the review. A remarkable book. For me about the Prenatal Epoch. But for others, it may be about something else.
Thanks for giving it to the world.
It is one that has brought the best out of me, I hope.
Des

Author:  Roy [ Sat May 31, 2014 11:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

There is now an E book of my 2011 Pendragon Press chapbook, The Joy of Technology. This is self published on Smashwords and Amazon and it differs from the chapbook in the sense that there are lots of extras which may, or may not not, be interesting to anyone who downloads a copy.
I have blogged about it here and it was technically rude to start and it remains so, maybe more so, with the extras.
The original chapbook was reviewed by Peter Tennant in BS 25 and Ian Hunter in IZ 238.
I set the price at $3.40, about £2, as it's content may concern some and a lower price might tempt the unwary to buy it for the wrong reasons, and I wouldn't want that.
Ben Baldwin provided a new cover.

Attachments:
File comment: Cover by Ben Baldwin
the joy of techsm.jpg
the joy of techsm.jpg [ 169.54 KiB | Viewed 6534 times ]

Author:  des2 [ Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

des2 wrote:
NeilW wrote:
des2 wrote:
I have started reviews of:
The Moon King by Neil Williamson: http://dflewisreviews.wordpress.com/201 ... illiamson/


Enjoying your real time review, Des. Or at least your on going reader reaction (thanks for not detailing the plot!). It's been very interesting, from my point of view, to look over your shoulder as it were as you encounter each section.

Thanks for taking the time
Neil


Thanks, Neil.
Just finished the review. A remarkable book. For me about the Prenatal Epoch. But for others, it may be about something else.
Thanks for giving it to the world.
It is one that has brought the best out of me, I hope.
Des


I have now written a postscript to my 'Moon King' review.

Author:  NeilW [ Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Shameless Self Promotion Thread

Fascinating, and probably unique, review, Des. It's really interesting from an author's point of view how much extra *richness* each individual reader brings to a book. :D

Page 27 of 31 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/