Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:45 pm 

I was unfair on YouWriteOn in my earlier thread. Bob Lock was obviously well pleased with his experience and now YouWriteOn Development Manager Edward Morris tells me they've just announced that member Doug Jackson's ‘The Emperor’s Elephant’ will be published in a 2 book deal for a six figure sum with Transworld.

Doug developed his story on YouWriteOn with feedback from fellow members. As one of YouWriteOn's monthly top five rated writers Doug was due a free professional critique from a leading literary agent or publisher's editor. Doug's advisor was Sara O’Keefe, senior editor for Orion books. Her advice and deep knowledge of his story's genre, action-adventure and historical fiction, were critical to its development. Her enthusiasm for Doug's story helped convince literary agent Mark Stanton to sign him up. Eventually several major publishers, including Orion, bid for his book with the world rights eventually going to Transworld Books. It will be published next spring.

You can still read the opening chapters of The Emperor’s Elephant

YouWriteOn is still a young site, having begun in 2006. Leading leading literary agents now represent a number of their first Book of the Year Award winners and finalists. Curtis Brown is representing Guy Saville's first place adult fiction, 'The Africa Reich'. S Star's second place children’s story, 'Sharpshooter' has literary agent Conville and Walsh helping to develop the story further.

Here are links to YouWriteOn Best Sellers Chart and YouWriteOn Top Ten Chart.

One-page synopses look useful to check out as I always find them difficult to write.

YouWriteOn.com is Arts Council sponsored.