Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:29 am 

One thing that mystifies me, Mase. How did you manage to send me two editions of Interstice with the postmark sufficiently smudged on both occasions to prevent me reading the postmark?
Also, how do you distribute this mag, as nobody knows who you are and where you are and (without my postings about it) that you exist at all?
des

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:06 pm 

Had no idea that the postmarks were so smudged you couldn't read them, Des: I've no control over that, I assure you.

I live in Chelsea; I'm quite prepared to tell you who I am if that's preferable to you. Interstitiality (and therefore nemonymity) is not an absolute - I just like it that way. Some that receive the mag know who I am and some don't. I give it to some people in person. All, I suspect, are as equally as bemused by its 'point' as you. That, in my mind, is part of its register.

Also, some of the articles inside are not written by me but by friends and acquaintances. It's not such a big mystery as all that. I do it for the fun of it and am still finding my way with it. Your brand of nemonymity works, like narrative, by a kind of delayed revelation and I thought I would try for a slightly different kind of anonymity. I didn't mean to freak you out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:26 pm 

Mase Escasi wrote:
I didn't mean to freak you out!

Not freaked out in a bad sense. More mystified by a sense of wonder rarher than irritated by not knowing. In fact I would rather not know! Good luck with your excellent publication.

I hope you were not one of the people falling into this interstice situated not too far from Chelsea:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... xpand=true

des

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:58 am 

This was so funny, wasn't it? I could see them putting yellow and black tape all along the edges of the installation if it didn't compromise the artist's work too much.

In fact, there have been a number of 'interstitial' incidents in Chelsea recently: gas leaks causing massive holes to appear in the Kings Road, floods floating basements to another dimension, police cars driving along with a wheel missing.

Digging into my own interstices, I found the white 'Nemonymous' just the other night (probably my favourite) and the red (marked 'Nemo Book') to which I found I hadn't paid enough attention to the first time round. So, congratulations!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:41 pm 

des2 wrote:
I hope you were not one of the people falling into this interstice situated not too far from Chelsea:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ ...
des

"As we watched to see whether she was okay, an older woman deliberately stepped on it, lurched forward and landed on the ground. She told us she thought the crack was painted on the floor."

That's brilliant.

I don't think I've heard of a work of art that says something so fundamental about human beings as this in ages.

Me blog: http://dylan-fox.blogspot.com/
And if that's not enough, I'm on Twitter, too: Foxie299