Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 242  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Brother
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:03 pm 

des2 wrote:
After that performance tonight, I am glad that Benedict has gone, after all.

Which performance do you mean, Des?
The attack on Caroline? When he called her out for everything she's said and done in the house and called her 'little girl'? (and how venomous was he!) Or the bit when he informed her he was delighted to have helped her when she thanked him for abusing her? (why did she make such a grovelling apology anyway? I can't make this girl out at all! ) Or was it the deliberate targetting of a squirming Caroline in the sex education lesson (which I found extremely disturbing*)? Or maybe the poisoning of Luke S's protein shake prize? Or the sly accusation of homoeroticism tossed at Luke S and Connor when they were clowning and sending up modelling?
He squirts his venom (and other fluids) everywhere to distract from his own creepiness. I agree - I'm glad he's gone. The loss of a living room chair was a small price to pay for his absence.

Caroline is a strange creature. That dreadful giggling irritates as does her casual spite and her birds' nest hair.. She told Luke S, without the slightest proof, that it was Deana who meddled with his protein drink. Why on easrh did she do that?

Then there was Lydia, who mentioned the other night that she wanted to break free from Deana, manufacturing a massive row over an unfortunate remark that Deana made.

So much of what went on tonight was unnecessary!

So who will they turn on next? And will they be able to orchestrate it without nomination talk or hot wate to wash in since Caroline and Conor broke the nomination rule?
Time will tell!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:29 am 

Re Benedict, I mean all those things, Marion. Obnoxious behaviour. I am sorry I supported him at any stage. I bet the BB/ch.5 were also worried when he took that heavy chair up to the top of the stairs leading out, ready to throw it into the crowd in a violent tantrum...?

I think they should make a film called Caroline's hair...
Her obsequious reaction to Benedict following his diatribe... well, she hasn't got acid in her veins as I thought... or maybe it was some sort of 'scorched earth' strategy of personality with as yet mysterious outcome....building on a new 'tabula rasa' of self?

I'm finding myself rethinking the whole set of people. I don't think I like any of them. Maybe Adam and Deana are OK.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:50 pm 

I'm finding myself rethinking the whole set of people. I don't think I like any of them. Maybe Adam and Deana are OK.

'Twas ever so, Des - the faces change, the manners change as polished pleasantness falls away. I think the HMs had the worst sides of their natures revealed by the stress of constant conspiracy. They, certainly the nicer ones, were bewildered by unearned enmity, petty spite etc Now that nomination talk has been halted, perhaps we shall see something else of them.

I am left with an unpleasant image of Benedict: in his interview with Brian, hissing that Luke S would not share the shake. he bared his teeth. Shudder!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:27 pm 

The Last Hurrah!

I am left with yet another unpleasant image of Benedict - carrying out one last mission on behalf of the Youth of today - in the lounge, on a chair, among all the HMs, under a blanket, smiling a sly satyr smile. Oh, yeuch - I could have done without that. I believe it was this chair which he removed from the house - a memento, I suppose, of a kind. Scott was the only one with the gumption to walk out in disgust, whilst in contrast, plain pleasant Luke A wept in the DR over Benedict's eviction and said Benedict was the man he aspired to be. Oh, really - it's as well Benedict is gone, even if LUke is left friendless.

His departure brought out the worst in his fellow HMs. Caroline screamed obscenities after him even though yesterday she was so grateful to him for keeping her on the staright and narow;; Luke S wished he'd fall down the stairs (since he now knew that Benedict was the protein shake fiend); Connor swore like a trooper. Luke S and Connor are a pair of thugs, aren't they? Luke A certainly thinks so and has admitted to BB that he hates Luke S and his controlling and dominant ways.

There were several dramas in the house tonight. Arron, of course, caused one by loading a hair dryer with talc which he hoped the girls would use in their preparations for eviction night. What a scream had there been an explosion or a fire causing damage! BB removed the hair dryers which made Lauren weep as she was trying to pretty up for her possible eviction. Arron did his usual trick of apologising and then ordering her not to be upset - he really does need a good slap. BB decided to rehabilitate him and allowed him to explain that he did not realise that blocking a dryer with powder was dangerous. He was given a secret mission. Oh, no, I thought, not a Benedict! (my nerves are shattered by random emissions of bodily fluids) but it turned out Aron was to perform three kind acts. Unfortunately, Benedict did not need his eviction tips, being calm enough to face anything; Caroline was uninterested in his beauty advice; and Lauren , although willing, not particularly impressed by his efforts to massage. BB announced his acts of kindness were a flop, but restred hair dryer facilities anyway.

Caroline's efforts to get on good terms with Becky again were feeble - Becky has her number. Caroline grovelled and said sorry ( like Arron, she alwys thinks 'sorry' means the end of the matter) but Becky remained resistant. In the end, when Becky put her hair on backwards, Caroline laughed like a howling hyena to show sisterly friendship. She told others that she and becky had made up - Idon't think so, Caroline, I really don't.

Shievonne and Adam hadd a row too - a rather bewildering one. Apparently Adam had asked her to marry him the other day which upset her tremendously, seeing as how she'd been crying over not having children or a man in her life. She felt he was making a fool out of her. (At least, I think that's what it was all about - BB didn't show the scene). IN return she said something corprophiliac to Adam and set him off like a firework. This resulted in a gross repetition of insults which disgusted Lydia into leaving the room and bewildered me since it was full of the unsaid and all sorts of idioms I could not follow. However, all's well that ends well, and they kissed and made up.

Connor and Arron had a conversation with Ashleigh about sex in the house - both men looked rather hopeful, but knowing Ashleigh, their hope is likely hopeless although she did indulge in a litle activity with Luke S which lasted about 5 seconds - they should have paid more attention to Benedict's expertise.

Lydia and Caroline might well be the toughest HMs in the house. Deana was upset by the jeering of the eviction crowd, Lydia quite unphased. Likewise Caroline. Little Lauren has perceived an opportunityin all this and fromed an alliance with Deana against the others, Lydia in particulr - fools, fools - they pt against one another instead of ghastly Connor and Luke S.
Ashleigh also is a hard piece. When Deana wept, she comforted her but made faces over her shoulder.

Another happy day in the house. Des, you're right. It is indeed hard to find them likeable.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:19 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
and Lauren , although willing, not particularly impressed by his efforts to massage.

She seemed to go the extra mile, though, in her willingness!
A great report, Marion. Nothing else to add or subtract.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:47 pm 

Lauren always smiles for the men when she's not weeping over them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:05 pm 

Cage Fight

The house is a cage and the animals are all turning on one another. But for me personally the highlight of ther evening was some real cage fighting. Arron brags a great deal about his cage fighting prowess. I have never believed in this prowess considering his lip salve and blusher and regard for his appearance - I mean, he doesn't look the type to get down and dirty like Paddy (remember him?); I believed in it even less after watching him training in order to be able to challenge Connor to a friendly bout: he staggered and lost his footing; knocked himself off balance: flapped his arms instead of straight arming the air around him. Imagine, then, my joy when Connor threw him about, tossed him up and down and rolled him about the floor. Adam could hardly contain his hilarity. Neither could I. The best part was that this was a win/win situation for me: I;d have been equally delighted to see Connor lose.

Speaking of Adam, I like him less and less the more I see. There have been one or two occasions when he has made sexually explicit comments about the girls; tonight he was extremely crude about Asheigh and Luke S. He's too old for dirty talk teenage style. He also queried Arron's status with Lauren but Arron nobly declared that he would not expoit his friendship with Lauren.

BB is being inconsistent in his treatment of HMs. In revenge for Benedict stealing a chair, BB removed all chairs from the house. HMs indulged in childish defiance by declaring it all a scream and that they didn't care (except Scott who seemed to take the loss of a chair to sit on unusually hard.). And yet not long after, BB allowed not one, but TWO parties for Ashleigh's 21 st birthday. OK, it was a competition between the two party holders (Shievonne and Connor) to see who threw the best party - winners to get more party goodies, losers to go to bed - the old divide and rule trick. But the bulk of the HMs were having a marvellous time when they should be under punishment regime because of the chair and because of the rule breaksabout nomination talk (Shievonne and Connor this time). Guests at Shievonne's party drifted quickly since the bithday girl preferred the music at Connor's party. Shievonne and her two loyal acolytes were left forlorn, watching a guest belly dancer perform.
At the other party, we discovered that Ashleigh looked rather fetching in a pink and lilac wig and that Connor in his headdress and face paint resembled an Aztec warrior priest getting ready to rip still beating hearts from living human beings.
Ashleigh clung to Luke S like a limpet. His face always lacks expression, like a sheet of MDF; Ashleigh, in spite of her declarations lf love and the promise of a relationship outside the house, seems oddly disconnected from him also, although granted his emotionlessness (except where protein drinks are concerned) would cow the most passionate of hearts. This must be the most unconvincing fauxmance in the history of BB.

Lydia did not have a good time. She was a little put out at the fuss over Ashleigh's birthday - not one party but two; and a huge cake; and a pamper present; and a singing birthday card from her family. Although she did say that her bithday present of a phone call fronm her fiance was more precious, still she was obviously discontented. She also had a major row with Shievonne which sprang from Shievonne's nomination rule break. She had said that Connor was keen to nominate Deana and Lydia. Lydia, livid, approached Connor. He seemed bamboozled by her questioning - he isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer - but all was resolved. Not so with Shievonne who exploded at Lydia and then accused Lydia of shouting at HER. - it was clear that Shievonne was creating a row - nominations day tomorow?
Anyhow, Lydia is mourning the loss of her true friends Victoria, Chris and Benedict (has anyone else not noticed any such friendships?) and is determined to keep to herself from now on and not trust anyone.
She is alone, alone, alone on a wide blue sea...she does not suit plaintiveness. I prefer her fighting it out.
Becky tried to join in a training session led by Luke S but had to desist when she almost wobbled out of the top of her dress. We can always rely on Becky for a little light relief!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:54 am 

With all the excitement of England versus Italy last night, BB took a bit of a backseat. But I did note one birthday party versus another birthday party to become the Platonic Form of Birthday Party. The rude awakening regarding life's penalty shoot-off is that any Platonic Form is infiltrated by fallible humanity and Clockwork eye-decor. Even Fallibility itself is not what it was.
We go through life with eyes wide shut.
Thanks, again, Marion, for your infallible reports keeping me up to speed. (BTW I believe it's Conor not Connor)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:06 pm 

[quote="des2"]With all the excitement of England versus Italy last night, BB took a bit of a backseat. But I did note one birthday party versus another birthday party to become the Platonic Form of Birthday Party. The rude awakening regarding life's penalty shoot-off is that any Platonic Form is infiltrated by fallible humanity and Clockwork eye-decor. Even Fallibility itself is not what it was.
We go through life with eyes wide shut.
Thanks, again, Marion, for your infallible reports keeping me up to speed. (BTW I believe it's Conor not Connor)[/

!quote]

On top of everything else, the man can't even spell his own name!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:31 pm 

The Wolf Pack Circles

An extraordinarily horrible evening tonight when HMs bullied and harrassed Deana while BB took the gentle approach to their offences.
The Task tonight was another of those eat- ghastly- food events which I have always found puerile and rather nauseating to watch. Poor Deana could not manage her spam and hot sauce cake, and although she tried manfully, she kept vomiting. This brought a taunts from Conor and Arron and cries that she was going for an Oscar. The poor girl was pallid and retching; her mascara was down about her chin,and still they turned on he for faking it and/or not trying hard enough. The group won the task but BB chose to name all successful eaters and the one unsuccessful one - Deana -thus singling her out for more taunts, as if she hadn't had enough already. Even Caroline criticised her performance although she herself had managed to get herself excused from the task on the grounds of feeling unwell. The prize was awarded to Conor - it turned out to be complete control of the shopping list. HMs hearts must have sank - the thickest HM in the house is going to mess that up for sure. Suddenly, this poisoned chalice prize was all Deana's fault. If she had completed her bit of the task they would have had a REAL prize. That wee punk Arron swore torrents of oaths, and directed torrents of nasty comments in Deana's direction - confusingly, he used the well worn insult of 'stupid 'b***h' but also used male specific terms to describe her awfulness.
For the rest of the evening, after the task was well over, macho Conor and Arron wound one another up by constantly abusing the girl whenever they got together. 'Oscar' was mentioned over and over; Deana was accused of 'not taking one for the team'; gender insults abounded. Arron flounced about in rage.
Then sniggering little Caroline, piggy little eyes twinkling, decided to join in. I detest the kind of woman who will throw another woman to the wolves to curry favour with the men. She was proud of herself for publicly embarrassing Deana by insisting that she had used her epilator at the table and left hair on it. Snigger. Snigger. Deana, shot back with 'That's your pubes' and poor icky wicky Caroline wilted, her sly malice suddenly dilute. She'd best learn to take it if she's going to dish it out.
However, Conor stole the show with the most appalling abuse of Deana - a rap song which contained the coarsest sexual threats, including rape with an implement, and ended with a promise to punch her face and knock her out.
He was not evicted from the house.
BB issued the gentlest of warnings and sent him off to consider his behaviour. Conor does not have the capacity to consider. His coarseness and aggression are his natural self. He justified hiself on the grounds of anger.
Arron also was gently chided by BB who appealed to his better nature and asked him to think about how he'd feel if people ignored him and left him out. Arron did pause for thought but the effort was too much for him and such a scenario impossible for him to imagine, probably because he doesn't have a better nature. His respone was to continue abusing Deana.

Interestingly, Luke S,the leader of the pack and every bit as aggressive, was not pictured in all this. I don't believe for one minute that he wasn't involved, but his sole appearance tonight was snuggling up to Ashleigh. Is he being protected for the sake of a fauxmance?

The whole show was an object lesson in how bullying gangs work - egging one another on, encouraging others to join in , strengthening the group by picking on a weaker party- Caroline even got Becky involved in hiding the epilator.

In the meantime, Arron has been chatting up Sara. She thinks he's nice. He has told her that he has never dated another model before, never dated a nice looking girl. I suspect he hasn't dated many girls at all he's so cackhanded.

Deana, Luke A, Adam and Lydia are attempting to form an alliance and are considering failing the shopping task on purpose. Bad idea - Conor is going to mess up big time - they should ensure that he has plenty of money to waste. That should be amusing.

WEe're right, Des - this is not a likeable house.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:58 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
gender insults abounded [...] We're right, Des - this is not a likeable house.

The only feasible likeables are Deana and Luke A, I feel. And perhaps Sara. Otherwise, not a good crowd, and mostly boring people, too (other than Lydia). So I don't know what BB is going to do to make this a likeable season in the weeks ahead. My spirit drops.
Agree that Conor is not only short of something vital in the intelligence stakes but also showed a very ugly side yesterday and BB should have evicted him. However did he pass the original audition?
Only glad that race doesn't seem to have come into it. On the surface anyway, with this factor having been drummed into all HMs, no doubt, following the Shilpa Shetty matter. But endemic 'genderism' has come into it and BB should deal appropriately with all such attitudes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:11 pm 

Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest

Lydia and Deana are up for eviction. There's a surprise. Luke S, Arron and Conor (ie Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest) voted en bloc as they doubtless will continue to do until all the women are out. Or perhaps not. That may be the plan, but here's many a slip 'twixt cup and lip...

It wasn't Luke S's night tonight. Deana decided to do a little stirring and told him that his bessie mate Arron knew that Benedict put the curry powder in his protein shake. Her rebellion appeared to fall flat when he told her that he already knew that. But he lied. It soon became clear that Arron had not told him anythig of thr sort. The clue to the truth of this was the grovelling, placating, fearful excuses Arron made for not telling him. Well, it's true that Luke S has a sinister presence and mighty biceps. Arron cannot shout and swear at Luke S the way he does with the girls. SOMETHING might happen if he did. And so he goes belly up with Luke as he did with both Benedict and Adam. SOMETHING didn't happen. Except that Luke S's expression became even more wooden than usual and his eye a little colder. He smells disloyalty.
But the worst is yet to come. Ashleigh slunk off with Dumbest and confided that she wants out of the relationship with Luke S as they have nothing in common. Other HMs have noticed that there is a chemistry between Conor and Ashleigh which is lacking in the Luke/ Ashleigh pairing. Luke and Ashleigh's 'relationship'. Could another even greater betrayal be on the way?

Nominations were much as expected. Becky's was amusing - she nominated Deana because Deana complains about feeling fat - Becky takes this personally. Scott nominated Adam because Adam showers naked causing Caroline to leave the bathroom to which Adam strenuously objects - Scott finds this creepy. Caroliner nominated Luke A in colourful terms - she says he's an angry beast. I hadn't noticed that.

Speaking of Caroline, she was at her stirring again tonight, telling Deana that she really really likes her. And telling Lydia the same thing. Needless to say, neityher lady is buying it. She also hinted that Sara must be lesbian since she doesn't fancy Arron. Hell, any woman would turn lesbian in bratty Arron's company. Then when Lydia's little group were in the garden talking stategy, Caroline alerted the whole house - snigger, snigger - to the gloominess of their conversation and suggested they were all contemplating suicide. I dare say the idea might grow on them after another month in Caroline's company.

Arron continues to reveal his misogyny. He doesn't like Lauren because she talks too much. Sara annoys him because she doesn't keep quiet. Deana irritates because she will insist on defending herself when under attack. Lydia bugs him with her arguments. He sat smugly buffing his nails while he wished Deana and Lydia good luck on eviction night. He has the sort of face you'd never get tired of slapping.

In response to BB's attempt to make him more empathetic to Deana, he took it upon himself to explain to her that all his swearing and shouting are just friendly banter. Right, Arron - why can't the stupid, cheeky b***h, the dick, the prick understand that? She didn't buy that either and stood her ground, of course; he fled the room, of course.
Conor, the other foul mouthed yob, went into the DR and apologised for last night's vileness. The apology was obviously staged and obviously insincere.
Both of them continued to abuse the girl behind her back.

Lydia, shrewd as always, complained to BB about the bullying by the men of the girls. There is little point in complaining however. If Conor's outburst of last night is acceptable to BB, then what's a little foul mouthed aggression?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:12 pm 

PS - there is always the shopping list to look forward to, Conor is going to mess up Big Time!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:47 am 

Well, another big beast is liable to go on Friday: Lydia; Dislikeable yet interesting. A future politician on the centre right.

Caroline listed out the city venues for her Romantic 'Grand Tour' of Europe when she eventually meets the man who wants to care and service her. A highlight of the season so far. Luke A suggested St Petersburg would be better than Moscow in her list. I agree.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:24 am 

des2 wrote:
Well, another big beast is liable to go on Friday: Lydia; Dislikeable yet interesting. A future politician on the centre right.

Caroline listed out the city venues for her Romantic 'Grand Tour' of Europe when she eventually meets the man who wants to care and service her. A highlight of the season so far. Luke A suggested St Petersburg would be better than Moscow in her list. I agree.

Ulaanbaatar would be better still. Drinking wild mare's fermented milk would suit her.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 242  Next