Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 242  Next
 Post subject: Re: Big Brother
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:34 pm 

des2 wrote:
Thanks for another excellent report, Marion.
Scott is actually quite shrewd, amid his posh accentuation of vowels and consonants, describing the 'presence' or lack of it with the then potential of Lydia or Deana going. He is pontifical, strangely with his hair (that Marion once described as his brain bursting through the top of his skull) now shaped into a kippah-like eruption of orange-knitted lava. Also his kamikaze belittling of the Conor-'purchased' table (almost its phenomenological conception as the essence of Table) was like watching the Martyrdom of St Sebastian...stuck all over with toy-footballers on spinning stakes.

Becky's internal thigh slapping - after Deana describing her as possessiing the Wonder of being comfortable in her own skin - was something that martyred us viewers...

Aha - kamikaze - arrows of St Sebastian - martyrdom...
You feel it too, Des, that strange foreknowledge of disaster looming; strange portents of doom and sorrow...
I hera the owls hooting in the wilderness, I see the moon sadden - it's going to get bad in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:01 pm 

What's Love Got To Do With It?

Romance and Conflict were the staples of tonight's show. Deana was the star.
The trivia first - Arron had another go at Scott about the football table and was summarily dismissed by Scott's drawling scorn.
Becky whinged about Sara and Shievonne (who Becky claims is old enough to be her mother!) and complained to BB about their attitude to her, a 19 year old girl! When Sara tried to talk things through with her (rather charmingly, i thought), Becky rejected her with more whinges about her age, in between stuffing her face with yet more goodies. Someone ought to tell her that if she wants to play the hapless youngster, she should endeavout to be cute.

Luke S came over all romantic and laid on a pink picnic for Asheleigh - pink drinks, pinkish food, and his clanest pink muscle vest. The romance was jeered at by Conor and Arron. Conor was coarse as Conor always is, suggesting that Ashleigh had emascualted Luke and demanding his b***s back. Arron tried to steal the limelight from the couple by bewaailing his unrequited love for the girl of his dreams - Sara, to whom he only started talking a day or two ago. WEell, if you can't come up with pink picnics, I suppose a dark and sorrowful tale of broken heartedness will do.
Ashleigh and Luke merely think he;s terrible with women. He proved this by discussing Sara later with Conor and Luke - he is FURIOUS that Sara had sad she isn't into casual sex - for her, there has to be a future in it. What's the point of that, Arron said peevushly.
Like Henry V111, he appears to want to try the lady out and then decide if there is to be a relationship.

Ashleigh's insecurities are showing. The two Lukes were given a task - each of them to prepare a meal for Lauren who would judge which was best and have a luxury dinner date with the winner. Caroline was at Ashleigh' side in a flash, telling herLauren would be sure to choose Luke S. ASsheligh's face seethed into medusa mode as the two men chopped and peeled and talked like jamie Oliver. I thoght Lauren would choose Luke S too - she was threatening to flirt with him the other night just to annoy Ashleigh -but instead she opted for the pleasant companionship of Luke A. Or perhaps it the sight of Conor sticking his finger in the food and licking it that changed her mind.

Luke S might well have been susceptible to lauren's charms after Ashleigh's idea of after dinner conversation. She sat ther weaving a cucumber around and started talking about penises, and size, and enlargements. There was a steely glint in Luke's eye as he regarded her - could he have been regretting ever tasking up with her in the first place?

The big incident of the evening, however, was centred on Deana. Luke S, Conor and Arron were in tormenting mood. They were discussing romantic gestures and asked her if she would rather have a £50 bouquet or the money. She chose the money. Instantly, the Three Stooges were on her for her lack of romanticism. (this, remember was in the company of Conor, by the way, he of hairbrush fame; and Luke, the quick fumble under the blankets man; and Arron the one who likes to scream obscenities at women). Then they asked if she'd choose a fancy wedding or the money - she picked the money and they were off again - twisting everything she said, making her out to be a gold digger, ganging up on her. So angry was she, hat he told her own group that the Luke romance was a fake, a way of getting money. How low can you go? she demanded.
Not as low as Beky who heaved herself off to tell Ashleigh what Deana had said. Ashleigh told Luke and Luke declared with all the masculine authority he could muster that Deana had started a war. Off he went to challenge her. And lived to regret it. She told to his face that he was faking romance, that he was stooping low. She said it with burning sincerity and unchallengeable truth and would not yield. In the end, it was Luke who slunk of the battlefield leaving Deana up there on the moral high ground. Loved it. THis will win Deana votes.
To Ashleigh, who also asked her about what she had said, Deana was kindly, telling her that she wasn't attacking Ashleigh, only Luke, and went off leaving Asleigh to stew in what ion her heart of hearts she knows it rue.
Nice one, Deana! Very nice!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:36 am 

I agree Deana was the star in 'calling' the Luke S and Ashleigh fauxmance. But she, too, is perhaps operating her own moral sting... A fauxmance between two chancers (or one chancer and one gullible individual) and a crusade (such as Deana's) on an unprovable point are both game-ploys that have grown up with BB over the years.
I think I'd keep a cool ployless, plotless head ... like Caroline?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:42 pm 

des2 wrote:
I agree Deana was the star in 'calling' the Luke S and Ashleigh fauxmance. But she, too, is perhaps operating her own moral sting... A fauxmance between two chancers (or one chancer and one gullible individual) and a crusade (such as Deana's) on an unprovable point are both game-ploys that have grown up with BB over the years.
I think I'd keep a cool ployless, plotless head ... like Caroline?

Have we ever had an HM shout stunking fisg, face to face, before? She's ruined Luke's plan anyway; and stirred up Asheligh's paranoia.
As for Caroline, are you thinking 'everything comes to her who waits'?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:16 pm 

Quote:
stunking fisg

??

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 pm 

Oh, you noticed! I thought you'd all be missing my typos - that was a cracker, wasn't it?
'stinking fish'. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 pm 

Darling Theo

I enjoyed tonight's show. The task was hilarious.

But first:

Deana spoke to BB about the contretemps with Luke S last night - the soundtrack was knives thudding into Luke's back as she reiterated her view of his romance and informed us all that Luke S had tried it on with all the girls, including herself, in the first days. THUD!

Scott also believes that Luke S is only after the prize money. THUD!

Luke S is clearly somewhat rattled by Deana's accusations. He told BB that she is doing his head in. THUD! And so is Scott who has offended by not telling Luke S, under interrogation, what Deana had said about him. THUD!
He actually compared the situation to one a policeman has to deal with - that is, questioning witnesses. Who does the child think he is? But if we're going all legal-eagle, Luke should be made to take a polygraph re Ashleigh.

Scott and Arron fell out again. Scott refers to the statue in the garden as Theodosius ( I thought it was a Theodosia - I shall look more closely tomorrow). Anyway, Arron flared up at this and insisted that the statue is called Sebastian and has been since Day 1. Their bickering devloped into threats of vioplence from Arron who said he would smah the statue (and wouldn't care if he got ticked off for it - oh, the big brave rebel that he is!). Scott retaliated by saying that he'd break Arron if Arron broke the statue. Arron told him he's not allowed to hit people in there and even Adam joined in teasing Scott about what he'd said. Scott backed down, of course, and threatened Arron with 'I won't like you any more.' Which was a huge but hilarious damp squib after all the mounting tension. They argue like a couple of 12 year old girls.

It wasn't Arron's night. He tried to nail Sara down about her feelings for him. He spoke of his confusion, played bewildered ingenu to the hilt, confessed his feelings for her and wants some reciprocity. She stood agaisnt the wall like a rabbit paralysed by headlights and said they could talk later. They went to the living room toegther and he managed to plant a little kiss on the cheek. He stood smiling down at her and she smiled back as she adjusted her knickers at the back. I cannot tell if she got her knickers in a twist over his impetuousness, or whether this was a Freudian action. Time will tell.

While Shievonne was teaching HMs 'booty popping' (yes, that's what I said), Adam was charged with organising the 'face your worst fear' task. Hms had to go into the DR and come out so terrified that Shievonne would be too afraid to go in.One by one, Hms came out both shaken and stirred - Becky impressively fearful, Deana quietly traumatised, Arron done to a turn and weeping, Luke S swathed in sticky tape so that he could not move (what a good idea). Shievonne became nervous - more nervous - and more nervous still. Clowns were on her mind, those clowns which are her greatest ear as BB well knows - what if she went in there and the room was full of those ghastly clowns again? The others offered comfort, were compassionate about her fears, said they'd quite understand if she didn't go in. She tried to pluck up courage, not believing that even BB would expose her to clowns, but in the end, she refused to go in and the task was passed. Her expressions were a wonder to behold. Loved it!

Scott had a little run in wth Caroline. He was complaining about Conor turning people against him when unpredictable caroline suddenly turned on him, complaining that he hadn't spoken to her for three days. He denied this, she insisted it was true, and back and forward they went, repeating themselves till, as he does, he decided not to care and walked away.

Arron and Conor went to BB and asked for a secret room from which they could control the house and cause madness and mayhem. BB turned them down, of course, so they decided to prank Scott. They stole Theo/Sebastian and hid him in the bathroom where they scrubbed off the heart Scott had drawn on him. They seemed to finsd it hilarious but I couldn't see the humour or the point myself.

Nominations have been revealed but I will say nothing about them until tomorrow night, except that they are very interesting.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:45 am 

I'm glad you didn't divulge tonight's nominations here ahead of time, Marion. BB's Reality should not become real-time! I look forward to their gradual 'evolution' tonight.
Caroline's stony-faced assurance about who had not talked to her in the last three days begs the question of why she had not talked to them. Ever the mirror reflected back, that lady.
Although I think Deana is playing a game, I'm glad Luke S is rattled. Don't like him.
The Shievonne task was indeed brilliant and natuarlly flowed from her earlier Clownophobia (is there a more psychologically technical expression for that? Like the Stephen King Red Nose and Custard Pie Syndrome?)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:48 am 

Coulrophobia, apparently!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:16 am 

des2 wrote:

Although I think Deana is playing a game, I'm glad Luke S is rattled. Don't like him.

She's playing brilliantly and without being offensive - so refreshing in a house which thinks outrageous offence is the way to go. But the real joy is the fusion of a sincere scorn for Luke's 'romance' and a sincere anger at being baited yet again by the stooges. I think her talk to her group about low fakery was tactical but that her explosion of contempt when Luke challenged her was real. He played right into her hands there.
All three stooges are coming off worst in their manufactured conflicts now - it's good to see.

PS 'coulrophobia' is going into Favourite words

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:51 pm 

A Save Becky Plea

So, Arron, Becky, Conor and Deana are all up for eviction. Both Deana and Becky seemed resigned to their fate; Conor and Arron threw lengthy foul mouthed tantrums, stunned by treachery and betrayal. Arron pouted his way to bed, swearing and cursing and promising never to speak to anyone again. (what is he? 7 years old?), then retreated to his bed in a sulk. Conor stood roaring swear words and fiddling with his boy bits, an image which is going to take a long time to fade from my consciousness. So incensed was Arron, that he rose from his duvet refuge and poured a full glass of water on Becky's mattress, an act of petty spite that somehow defines him. The irony was that he nominated Becky.
My great fear is that Becky is so unappealing that no one at all will voyte to save her and thus bth Conor and Arron will survive. It's at times like that that I wish we still had vote to evict.

The noms were interesting - HMs condemn Arron as a liar (all his macho bragging is coming home to roost) and feel that he is Conor's lapdog; Conor stands condemned for his arrogance and over confidence. Luke A nominated Luke S for being a suckup and offering to share his protein shakes with hi mwhen he's spent the rest of his time in the house ignoring him. Caroline is still voting for Lauren, who, she says, has the personality of a wooden spoon. Scott irritated BB by delaying coming to the DR because he was applying his foundation - Luke S was interested in why he wsn't using his volumiser stuff. Only in BB...

Another choice scene was when Sara quizzed Ashleigh about her nocturnal activities with Luke S. Since both girls are extremely modest, they whispered, nodded, hinted, and made vulgar gestures rather than say the words. You'll all be pleased to know that full penetration has not taken place ( I expect she wants her family to be reassured about this) and I refuse to discuss her coy confessions about what has actually transpired.

Caroline had a moment when she trashed poor Lauren yet again, cruelly imitating the way she speaks and the things she says. Bacon seems to be a bone of contention. Conor was hugely entertained. I don't know that I would like to be entertaining to someone like Conor.

The row of the evening, however, sprang from cans of beer. Conor and Arron decded not to drink that night and Sara asked for their cans. Arron declared he would pour them down the sink (Becky, how lucky you were that he didn't pour them on your bed!) and Scott protested the waste. The two stooges then opened the cans and pretended to drink them but gave them to , I think, Asheleigh. By this time, Scott, who had been drinking, brought the pot to the boil by ranting and raving about Arron and Conor. He was every bit as foul mouthed as they are, completetly devoid of the wit he aspires to. Arron roared that he shouldn't be saying these things to Caroline which made Scott rant and rave directly at Arron and Conor. The three of them yelled a lot and descended to telling one another to shut up - you know - shut up -no, you shut up - no you...
All very unedifying. Scott's rage at that precious pair is understandable but he rather let himself down tonight.

Conor, on the other hand, lived down to expectations. His group were trashing Adam. I think it was caroline who expressed her disgust at Adam's tactile behaviour. Conor didn't know what that meant and thought ashe was referring to his tactics. It all took some time to unravel.
You couldn't make it up!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 am 

Scott Gyrning
I continue to find Marion's reports invaluable for many reasons, e.g. because of the way the Housemates' gyrning and making Pinteresque absurdisms, rolling their eyes up into whites (particularly Caroline) and generally blocking sense with veils of misgotten telepathy-with-grunts-grins-and-gawps. But Marion miraculously seems to be able to transcend all this with her TTA Forum reports. The masque that rolls beneath the Geordie chanting of the Marcus over-voice that seems merely to achieve punctuating further diversions of sense.

An interesting foursome up for grabs this week. I hope Conor goes (he must have conned the auditioners for BB about his true nature). But I fear that Marion may be right about the fulsome current of the Beck flowing ineluctably back to source upon a wave of the TV audience's tactile voting.

Today is Higgs boson day - finding the dirty Diamond in the Cern Zoo. Seems somehow to be running parallel with BB.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:05 am 

des2 wrote:
Scott Gyrning
I
An interesting foursome up for grabs this week. I hope Conor goes (he must have conned the auditioners for BB about his true nature). But I fear that Marion may be right about the fulsome current of the Beck flowing ineluctably back to source upon a wave of the TV audience's tactile voting.

Today is Higgs boson day - finding the dirty Diamond in the Cern Zoo. Seems somehow to be running parallel with BB.

This will be a cliffhanger eviction.
Becky cannot be much loved and therefore will not garner many votes. Conor, on the other hand, attracts real condemnation for what he is. (BTW, I'm not convinced that he did con the auditioners about hia nature. What a thought - they may well have put him in the there BECAUSE of his aggressive stupidity).A lot will depend on what occurs over the next couple of nights.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:00 pm 

I am looking forward to tonight's show. WE may witness miraculous things:

Will Conor mount a charm offensive? That could provide the entertainment of the whole series. Or is he vain enough to think he's fine as he is?
Will Arron try to make up with Scott and endure Scott's basic integrity? Or will he rely on his appalling pranks to get public attention?
Will Becky stop chewing long enough to say something captivating?
Will Deana be swamped with the certainty that she's going on Friday night and lose her fire?

Roll on...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:55 pm 

No More Territorial Demands...

Well, that's not true exactly. HMs have been divided into two teams, the Greens and the Blues, and they must compete, through a series of challenges over several days, for control of the various areas of the house eg the dining area, the kitchen and so forth. The winning team will have exclusive use of that area, and the other team excluded. BB cunningly arranged things so that the power blocks were broken up. Unfortunately, as Adam pointed out in thre DR, the teams work well together during the tasks, but go back to their power groups when it's over.

I had wondered about Conor perhaps launching a charm offensive in the hope of surviving eviction, but no. He continues as before, foul mouthed and obnoxious, even worse than usual now that he is a leader of a team of his pwn and out from under Luke S's thumb. When he beat Adam in a trolley dash, his triumphalism was unbearable. And he returned often to that great trumph, bragging and boasting. The other thing he did was assemble his friends in the bathroom and instruct them in who to hates - Caroline was a particular target for his hoarse admonitions about the loathesomeness of Becky and Scott who he considers manipulative. Oh, the irony, the irony! I think he calls this shrieking indignation leadership!
However, the Greens won control of the kitchen, and access to the luxury food budget, while Conor's Blues are on basic rations.
The next battle was for control of the sofa and dining room areas. (The task was to arrange HMs in order of bitchiness, attractiveness etc - rather cruel)This time the Blues won which took the stuffing out of Arron And Luke S, every bit as cocky as Conor, who had been sure of winning all the areas of the house.
Wait till they find out that he winners of the DR area are the only ones allowed to nominate next week!

Becky' attempt at being captivating to secure save votes was to throw a weepfest in the DR because she was required to wear camouflage trousers in the DR. How she cried and railed against this cruelty. She can't move in them. She's a hippo. She hates competitiveness and team spiit. She can't help in the tasks. She wants to go home. She knows she will be evicted on FRiday. She was plaintive. She was ruddy with pathos. BB uttered a word of comfort and she instantly brightened. and stuck a smile on her face. Then went out and beat Sara in the trolley dash.

Arron's response to nomination was to adopt a new persona, very different from the petty pouting water thrower of last night. Masterfully, he scorned the freaky HMs who had nommed him and dismissed them as one would flick a fly off one's shoulder. Apart from Scott - him showered with contempt for his face glitter and his puny build (imagine Scott taking HIM on in the task! Flick! Flick!) and then he went out and kissed and made up with him. he also courted Sra some more by trading stories about how wild he could be when drunk. But added sweetly that he could of course be a great laugh sober too. Wrong, Arron. Unless he means in his little exchanges with other HMs - he and Conor were per4forming their ablutions in the bathroom when he turend to Conor and remarked that wheatever lotion he was puting on his face did nothing for his skin.

There was twitchiness all over the house tonight. Shievonne had a field day. Adam and Lauren had managed to secure some tobacco from stubbed out ciggies and make a couple of smokes. 'They're laughing and rolling,' she cried, outraged. She believes they have been hoarding ciggies and not sharing which made her and Ashleigh vicious about Lauren's selfishness and two facedness. 'She'd better keep my name put of her mouth', Shievonne declared darkly. In the bathroom with the others, she fell to bitching with relish, waving her hands about and spewing venom. Caroline was part of that too, but the schoolmarm in the back of her mind told her off for bitching. Caroline considered and then announced that those in smokers' corner bitched worse than she did. So her conscience was clear.

The surprise of the evening was another burgeoning romance. Lauren clung to Adam like a limpet and he has boldly declared that he will kiss her.
Is the world ready for yet another fauxmance?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3622 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 169, 170, 171, 172, 173, 174, 175 ... 242  Next