Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 219  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:59 pm 

Surprise, Surprise...

We're back!

Well, Georgia has gone and it came as no surprise. I had forgotten her by the time tnight's show started.

Yesterday was an 'ouch' day - Natalie lost all respect for Michael; so did Denise; so did Nicola - they sing from the same hymn sheet, those three. Michael was good on that topic - the weird way women are sweet to one another when secretly they want to tear one another's hair out. That is especially true of Nicola who never praises but what she damns too. She loves Denise to bits - but she's wild etc
I suspect the whispering that was going on in the house, remarked upon by Michael, ws the reason for his emotioanlly unsrable remark - a defence against the unreasonable view of him directed by bleating Denise in her sodden self pitying moments. he was absolutely right in what he said, but like you, Des, I wonder if he really neeed to say it face to face in the nominations. However, done is done, and Denise has sworn she will never peak to him again, so good may come of it.

Tonight was lacking in surprises until the eviction itself. Frankie was obnoxious to the twins, brandishing a condom and being coarse. As usual. Nicola took exception to the twins as well - there she was, on her hands and knees, cleaning and scrubbing whilst the twins planned their eviction outfits. She was quite outraged - she really does play the best Mummy, best housekeepr act to the hilt. But sometimes the mask slips, as it did tonight over the letters from home. She was the only oneout of all the HMs determined to press the button which would win her team their letters but shred the other team's. Gareth's lot decided not to press out of a sense of solidarity - everyone gets their letter or no one does. But not Nicola - in a twinkling of an eye she was over there shredding. The overwhelming impression I have is that Nicola always gets what she wants - and gets away with it too. The other team were actually comforting her because she was so distressed about the shredding of their letters. How she manages to turn sympathy on to herself I'll never know.

But to the evictions. I am delighted that Kirk got his marching orders. It was something of a surprise that he did considering the following he must have from that Essex programme he did - his eviction restores my faith in the public's essential decency.

Natalie's evicton did surprise me. I would have thought that weeping Denise - too old to be playing hurt litle girl - would have gone before her. Or Poison Ivy Nicola. Or nasty little Frankie. Natalie was a better HM than any of them - her handling of Michael was masterly - she seemed to be the only one who could penetrate his detachment. However, gone she is and that's that.

Last night, after being nominated by the entire house, the Twins promised to make all their lives Hell. I look forward to that. Their revenge has begun already , of course. Theirs were the only nominations for Natalie and kirk - and Lo! Natalie and Kirk are history. Your notion of them being like the Gods making sport of lesser mortals may be truer that you think, Des!

PS _ It's good to be back!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am 

Deleted = double post

Last edited by Marion Arnott on Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:53 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
Natalie's evicton did surprise me. [...] Your notion of them being like the Gods making sport of lesser mortals may be truer that you think, Des!

I was shocked about Natalie, one of my favourites. I wonder if there is something intrinsically faulty about voting to 'save' rather than to 'evict'. You think someone is so popular amd you don't bother to vote??

We are Gods of Gods, Marion - watching the 'Heavenly' Twins as they commit Hubris....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:23 am 

des2 wrote:
Marion Arnott wrote:
I was shocked about Natalie, one of my favourites. I wonder if there is something intrinsically faulty about voting to 'save' rather than to 'evict'. You think someone is so popular amd you don't bother to vote??

We are Gods of Gods, Marion - watching the 'Heavenly' Twins as they commit Hubris....

I don't know about faulty as such, Des, but I do think it makes a difference. No one could be bothered to save Kirk - with this system, you really have to be keen on an HM to start dialling.

Natalie perhaps blotted her copybook by hanging round supporting Denise so much? And being friends with Nicola? And treating horrible Kirk as if he were a cute puppy? She told Michael the other day that Frankie and Kirk had made the stay in the house (bearable?) for her - but everyone outside clearly loathes them.
Or perhaps it's just that Michael and the Twins are genuinely more popular since they go against the grain of sleaze and fake romances so beloved of Endemol - this could be a voters' rebellion.
Still, I'd rather Nicola or Frankie had gone.

I didn't like the way the Twins were at pains to say that they were getting to know everyone now - they should continue as before - it's their only chance. They won't suit being nice and friendly and let's all love one another and be bestest mates for ever and ever.

Gather up the Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aKAH_t0aXA

I'm having this fantasy, Des - the Twins in the same house as last year's Jay. That would have been the battle to end all battles!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:50 am 

Yes, I have also seen our Twins in Die Walküre - and I agree their best bet is to maintain that image. Not that it's an image. It's the reality. Only Romeo can dislodge them, if he now "opens his legs and shows his class" (as David Coleman once put it) down the home straight.

[480,011 views on this thread right now.]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:13 pm 

The Weird Sweetness Of Women...

Michael can be grumpy and diffcult there's no doubt. But he is, as he claims to be, an acute observer. Not for the first time he remarked tonight on the overt sweetness of women to others and their inner poison. He was proved right again.

There was Denise for starters - made Michael a cup of tea in the morning but would not speak to him. Then there was his great mate Natalie in whom he confides and who purports to like him, going round telling everyone he is bizarre. She has failed to register his sense of humour, evident in that daft whinnying monologue which he hoped grossed everyone out.

And then Nicola - everyone's favourite Mum and housekeeper and respectable personage who would never never do the things Natasha and Denise do (although she loves them both to bits) - failed to bat an eyelash when Michael twitted her about shredding Gareth's letter, and failed to be moved by the very emotional scene in the DR when he won his letter back. Although her foot tapped and her leg trembled as they do when she's annoyed.
Even I had a lump in my throat at the spectacle of the Big Man struggling with his emotions. And Michael, hard case detached observer, was moved too and full of praise for Gareth, the Golden Man and Perfect Human Being - well, that was a bit OTT, but he seemed to mean it. Unfortunately, he confided all this to Natalie who he also rates highly, but who trashes him behind his back.

The Twins are concerned that they are getting fat, but they should be more worried about getting stupid. The dust of last night's evictions had barely settled when Nicola was going the rounds trying to discover everyone's next nominations. She was pushing for Michael to go but was prepared to listen to those who favour Denise - her great friend's - exit. Then she came to the Twins. The twins do not like her - we already know that - but suddenly a rapprochement was made, an alliance formed, fulsome compliments exchanged - I was practically out of my chair screaming 'Lassies, lassies, No! No!, as they sucked up to Nicola, telling her she was one of the few HMs they'd like to see outside etc etc
The irony of it all was that they claimed later to be media savvy - and they haven't cottoned on to the fact that it is their superb disdain for the likes of Nicola which made them appealing. They have ceased to rise majestically above the petty machinations of the house females. I think they've just been and gone and blown it.

So too has Nicola, surely. The pact with the Twins did not prevent her from admiring their confidence - and predicting that they would attract no deals when they got out of the house because they are UNKNOWNS. Oh, green eyed monster...

Denise was in fine neurotic form. A minor spat with the Twins over noise and snoring was transformed into another crying jag over the nastiness of Michael - in her head, Michael was the villain here because he agreed with the twins on a point of fact. Suddenly she was Tragedy Queen, weeping and wailing and declaiming to the Gods that it was unfair that Michael was in the house whilst Kirk and Natalie were gone. Gone. GONE. She might have been Hecuba mourning the loss of sons and a city (oh, old grey woman...) from the walls of doomed Troy. I mean, all this over KIRK? However, the stormy passions ceased abruptly and she made to get on with the housework - which made Frankie and Gareth (and me) laugh out loud and spoil her big moment.

Romeo alone withstood the blandishments of those attempting to gerrymander nominations - he does not like the ganging up. Nice man.

But the truth is, all the men are more likeable than the women. And all they have to do is sit and watch the women destroy each other and then claim the winner's crown.

And BTW, there are no more nominations. BB is an evil genius allowing the viewers to see all this plotting and conniving for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:20 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
But the truth is, all the men are more likeable than the women. And all they have to do is sit and watch the women destroy each other and then claim the winner's crown.

No comment. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:43 pm 

On the other hand, the females have no equivalent to Frankie and Kirk. That's somehting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:03 pm 

Marion Arnott wrote:
On the other hand, the females have no equivalent to Frankie and Kirk. That's somehting!

And Michael is a bit of a mixed bag. Not made my mind up about him. Him and his Mad Son Frankie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 pm 

And there's also entertainment value to be considered - Gareth and Romeo are virtually invisible. I think of pointy sticks to prod with when I look at them. Can they be called winners when they don't actually engage much?

I like Michael's strangeness. he is an original as are the twins.
Great series - the outcome is completely unforseeable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:40 pm 

Banzai!

A brilliant and funny show tonight - I was cackling like a hen on an egg. Such a silly hoax too - Hms selected to be on a Japanese Talk show. It's not as if BB hasn't done something like it before!
All were sceptical at first (with the possible exception of Gareth who seems to take things literally) but thanks to the persuasion of Denise and the other HMs, the Twins, Romeo and Gareth were convinced it was all real.
There was a montage of Japanese fans holding their favourite Hm's picture and being polite and excited about seeing Superchat. The Twins took their adulation as their due of course; Gareth was overcome by a childlike wonder at all the excitement; Romeo seemed to me to hover between belief and disbelief but in the end, capitulated.

Denise gave Michael food for thought as she went round the chosen victims, convincing and persuading. And convincing she was, both in the house and on Superchat. He found it mindboggling, knowing it was all fake, and yet almost believng what she said. Hmm...it hasn't occurred to him before what an actress she is!

Gareth was hilarious, romping and tumbling on the Superchat platform - he even swung the interviewer round and round. Then he was dressed up as a sushi and to perform the sushi dance with two nautical naughties in frilly knickers.

Romeo had to respect Japan by eating a dish named in his honour -Romeo noodles- a disgusting looking fish head. As always he did it with grace and dignity, and didn't wince once when the ninja squirted sticky string all over him.so the joke fell rather flat. I wonder if Romeo's courtesy EVER cracks?

If Romeo retained his dignity, the Twins did not. They were awarded a Japanese beauty treatment - one was given a face mask, the other a fish pedicure. Unfortunately, the mask was said to be monkey droppings, passed through the monkey three times for purity. The lucky Twin was visibly gritting her teeth - so as not to disrespect Japan, I suppose. However, all respect went out the window when the fish pedicure arrived. The assistant brandished what looked like a baby octopus and then a gigantic prawny thing and Kristina cracked and screamed the house down while her sister begged for mercy. They were hi -rrrr- arious.

Michael chortled and sniggered his way through the show but did show a softer side, when he was concerned by how Gareth would take it when he found out it was all a hoax. He needn't have worried. Gareth just said he'd enjoyed the whole thing and that was that.

Being in on the hoax has drawn Michael and Denise together again - how they laughed and teased each other.

The Twins were shocked that Frankie could not name any of the seas around the UK ; but they themselves were stuck for a definition of sea and ocean - - sea is deep and ocean is regular, they decided. Dumb and Dumber.

House politics rumble on - Karissa and Kristina do not trust Nicola - one is prepared to pretend to, the other is not. Their hit list for nominations grows longer and longer.

They had a Japanese karaoke party as a reward for passing their task - geishas and samurai. Gareth was very impressive in a warrior kimono and long black wig, throwing himself into a rap. But the surprise was Michael, growling the lyrics to a sentimental song and laughing his head off. He enjoyed today.

Geisha Nicola had an arsenic green wig - very appropriate - which clashed hideously with her fake tan.

They all had a fun night, but how Michael's heart must have clenched when Denise, well loaded, followed him into the bedroom. Another row brewing?
But no - a big hug and that was that.
A really enjoyable episode - and I'd like to see the Japanese interviewer as an HM in summer BB. He was an entertainment!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:31 am 

Marion Arnott wrote:
A brilliant and funny show tonight - I was cackling like a hen on an egg. Such a silly hoax too - Hms selected to be on a Japanese Talk show. It's not as if BB hasn't done something like it before!
All were sceptical at first (with the possible exception of Gareth who seems to take things literally) but thanks to the persuasion of Denise and the other HMs, the Twins, Romeo and Gareth were convinced it was all real.
[...]Hmm...it hasn't occurred to him before what an actress she is!

Yes, a very enjoyable episode. Not sure that the Twins believed the hoax. They are so Reality Show savvy from past experience. They are good actresses. Romeo, too, I think was acting belief. Gareth didn't believe the hoax as such, either - he subconsciously suspends disbelief like reading a good fiction book.

As to Denise being an actress, true. She has spent her time deliberately ricocheting off Michael to give herself good acting moments. I'd vote her as the first to be evicted - out of those remaining.

A brilliant series, indeed. The best ever?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 am 

I think it's interesting how bad "well adjusted" people actually are for interest levels. With allowance for how they come into their "well adjusted".

Michael's obviously got to the "f*** it" stage of life. He's been around the block and has learnt not to panic.

Romeo's (I think) very aware of his image and knows that being calm, polite and charming will put him in a better position than throwing his weight around. Very professional when everyone else is expecting time off for bad behaviour, perhaps?

With respect to Alfie, I find easy to forget how old he actually is. In rugby terms, of course, he's past it but he's "of my generation". So he's got the calm of someone who's learnt not to panic but comes from quite a small world.

At least, that's what I see with those three. The rest of the housemates just tend to leave me looking wide-eyed with wonder...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:35 pm 

[quote="des2
Yes, a very enjoyable episode. Not sure that the Twins believed the hoax.
A brilliant series, indeed. The best ever?[/quote]

Information has come my way that the Twins actually are very big in Japan. They may well have believed the hoax or were perhaps not taking any chances!

Best ever series? Wll, it;s certainly up there with Barrymore (crying in the garden and Galloway (shall I be the cat?).

Journeympuse - well put. I'm not sure I beleive in Romeo's imperturbability, at least to the degree he demonstrates it. If it's an act, it's magnificent. If it's real, he's a saint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:40 pm 

There's also the whole having nothing better to do than make mountains out of molehills.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 160, 161, 162, 163, 164, 165, 166 ... 219  Next