Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 294  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:14 pm 

I'm afraid I can't get that link to work, Marion. Sounds intriguing.

(Of course, on this thread, as opposed to the Poetry thread, the flittery twins' petals are pink, not black. In a poem, of course, one can creatively extrapolate their derangement by the evil of the rearranged Rose West!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:11 pm 

Flittery twins - love that! Oh, all right - The Flitters are black roses if you will!

Loved Lesley's speed date - she drew him out and gave nothing away about herself. And he visibly relaxed in her company. I was afraid that after the sniffing the mattress incident she had lost the plot a bit.

I wanted to HUG Nicky - weeping in the Diary room, and fanning herself with her party hat while everyone forgot about her birthday. BB might have laid on a cake with candles.

HOOTED at Shabs in the Diary room, explaining that's she's all jokes and fun, fun, fun. I must pay more attention.

Ziggy - here's a conundrum. He flattered and sent them all out feeling good, and I knew it was false really, but could feel the charm. Hmmm..every woman shuuld have a speed date with Ziggy.
And I also thought he was more sincere with Chanelle. Does he DO sincere? Am I deceived? Am I declining into susceptibility in my old age?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:05 am 

Ziggy is a professional operator - that's why I don't like him.
There was something very stylised (Theatre of The Absurd?) about Ziggy's dinner partiy in turn with eleven females ... with eleven courses.

There was something pathetically clownish about Nicky's performance (whether intentional or not), with her pointy hat (later dramatically discarded in the garden) and her creamy eyelids amid the darker skin.

Equally (very Alfred Jarry), Lesley's performance with an imaginary bowl of olbas oil , vic or friar's balsam. Infusing the steeped aromas of the mattress - as treatment for a cold.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:12 pm 

:D Infusion of mattress - Lesley REALLY didn't fancy a girly hug of comfort from Princess Emily. I think I;d rather sniff a matress too than embace the Pouting Pirhana! She's a foul little female behind the pretty face. SUCH an ego - loved Channelle's trouncing of her over the hair straighteners, and Emily's jaw dropping...and dropping...and dropping in theatrical shock!

The ranking game was funny too - they'd rather all the others STARVED than concede they weren't considerate - now that really is Theatre of the Absurd! And Emily again - gawping at Zig and Chanelle in the bed saying she wouldn;t do such a thing on TV - and Zig's very forthright rejoinder. Emily trounced again.
I am enjoying this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:49 am 

Well, I prefer Emily to Chanelle.
The latter's kink in her hair - more in her brain! And Genital Herpes from Carole's cold?

Carole - the 'croaky crone' - (aren't I cruel?) - she's lost the plot. And she was the one who claimed she was going to pull Lesley through!

Going back to Lesley. Hope she stays now.

The twins are more gormless than flittery these days.

Shabs' gauche remarks about 'deals' (double bluff?) in the diary room make her - with the slicing looks - the most inscrutable of the housemates.

All in all, this 'girly bollocks' (as the lounge lizard calls it) is wearing very thin.

Not a good year for BB as far as I am concerned ... so far.

des

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:22 pm 

Oh, dear - BB's biggest fan disgruntled - have a strawberry, des!
I'm finding the HMs fascinating - the girls are ususally swamped by overwhelmingly loud men in the house. Interesting that their competitiveness is just as strong as the men's - but that the battlefields are different, more about their insecurities than overconfidence.
Emily is pretty but has little else to recommend her. She;s the kind that drives other women up the wall - she's self righteous and convinced that she is best at everything and is spiteful in the most juvenile way, attacking other women's weak spots. Her jealousy of Channelle is blatant, but is formed of piqued ego. Anyway, she and Shabs are up for eviction, which should be interesting.
So far, I'm liking Nicky, Lesley, Channelle.
Twins - indifferent.
Shabs - contemptible.
Charley - needs therapy.
I;m disliking Carole, Emily, Tracey.
Ziggy - I'm not sure.
Who will be on the black list next week? Who can say...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:25 pm 

Think the Grace Dent link is working now:

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/tvod/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:46 pm 

Very readable, thanks...

Grade Dent, very witty, but does she pee in the shower?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:17 pm 

:o Perish the thought!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:08 pm 

Poor Em! She gives and doesn't get! Or should that be she gives but can't take it? Never mind, Em - stick a pineapple on your head to let everyone know you're a fun girl!

Ziggy's stock is rising with me. I liked the way he dished it out to pineapple girl. And when he told her not to throw that - and she faltered!

Lesley and how world wars break out - :)

Poor Shabs. No makeup. More exposure than she wanted, I suspect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:38 pm 

nearly forgot - Emily wanted to punish the twins - like pulling wings off butterflies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:26 am 

Although not necessarily likeable all the time, I find both Emily and Shabs the most interesting people in there in terms of perceived behaviour. Shame one of them has to go. I like both of them, now.

I hate Ziggy. (One is allowed to 'hate' within the theatrical scenario presented by BB). He is a professinoal operator with women - yet thick, too. What a pig's breakfast of a character and a face. He is typical of today's civilisation. Despicable.

Picking wings off butterflies? :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:55 am 

I may regret saying above that I liked Emily. I've just heard she's been kicked out by BB for racist behaviour!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:26 am 

Here's the transcript Des, courtesy of Digital Spy (some classic Lesley one liners on there too, that I'd missed, and the hilarious "Carole talks about sperm"):

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8 ... -slur.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:23 am 

Thanks, Andy, both for the hot new details and the additional pointers!

Re the Emily situation, I ask myself:
(a) Was this part of rap dance 'excitement'?
(b) Was it intentional for fame's sake?
(c) Was it genuinely part of a customary racist behaviour pattern on her part?

Whichever, she must be condemned. Channel 4 did right to remove her, especially in view of the CBB furore in the winter.

This is part of a great big debate on political correctness, eg comparing today to when I grew up in the fifties... and patterns of open and secret feelings/behaviour within our selves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 294  Next