Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:49 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXKPzTr3Ouc though it does have subtitles in Russian or Czech or whatever.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:05 pm 

Just got back from watching it.

Not a turkey but not great either. Decent acting even with some cluncky dialogue. Some of the science is hokey but this can be forgiven as it does have a woman with three boobs :-)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:39 pm 

Also quite ironically it is produced by Original Film!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 4:50 pm 

Well I finally got around to going to see it (I was ill for a month with a chest infection... still not quite right, in fact.... nothing new there, I hear a cry from the back! :P )

I got bored about half way through. It's best in the grand views of the "sprawl"esque cityscapes (constantly raining in the Australian set "Colony"), but the jerky camera in close-up gets gimmicky and tiring... the early chase scene through the balconies and apartments was fun (in one spot there I thought I spotted Bruce Sterling reacting in alarm as Colin Farrell came crashing through! That set me off thinking how cool it would have been if both he and Bill Gibson had been in a scene, and I kind of wandered off into my own fantasies for a bit...)

The best scene was in the Mexican stand-off style situation that developed when the guy he used to travel to work with turned up and started trying to convince him that he was still in the Rekall trance having a meltdown in his brain.... but that was about 4 or 5 minutes out of nearly 2 hours, whereas the chase scenes must have been 90% of the screen time....

Maybe I'm getting old. On the other hand, the panache of James Bond in the trailer for Skyfall they showed before the start of Total Recall reminded me of why Bond movies are fun! And I never got bored during any of the chases in Inception last year... so I'd have to say it's the fault of the film makers that TR kind of falls flat, despite the great design.

Oh well, plus ca change... :roll:

Oh yes, I meant to say... someone mentioned Wanted in the "what have you been watching" thread, which I happened to see before I went to the cinema today (the post in that thread, I mean)... as it happens I saw that movie a few weeks ago, and I thoroughly enjoyed it... and that was really all about the chases! It was inventive, and based on a comic book, and I watched it in that spirit, and it worked well for me... totally bonkers, as a comic should be! I guess it must have been the rather po-faced approach to this film by the script and the director that made it ultimately boring, then. For me at least. :wink:

I prefer to keep colour instead of turning these into links (which have such dull colour!) so just copy and paste addresses to visit my art etc.