Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:42 pm 

At last Black Static 14 and IZ 225 have been uploaded to Fictionwise

IZ is on the 2nd page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:13 pm 

Well IZ 225 is still there but BS 14 has disappeared from the front page but it's still here http://is.gd/9uc3k.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:36 pm 

Panic over, not that anyone else noticed. All back to normal on F'wise

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:41 pm 

I have been looking through the e-version of IZ 225 which I have just downloaded. My usual habit is to read the book, dvd and film reviews first, and having just done this I have seen obvious problems. The pdf file has no book cover scans ("insert image..." instead), although strangley the epub file does include them. One of the book reviews is littered with "?" instead of spaces between words. More disturbingly, mutant popcorn is missing from the pdf and epub files.
I have yet to read the fiction, but it is disappointing that having taken so long to upload this issue, FW can't get it right.

ajohn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:53 pm 

Sorry aJohn if you look in the Black Staic thread you'll see we had problems with F'wise there as well. I 'll check with Pete and we'll try to put it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:08 pm 

There is no need to apologise, the fault is in California! I can live without the cover scans, and if these problems remain at or below this level I would still download the e-versions because I find this format so convenient, and I feel a certain loyalty to IZ.
However, FW may be relying on the good-nature of its customers. It is simply unprofessional to release a product in this state. It takes little imagination (or experience) to see how American customers generally react to faulty products!

ajohn

ps sorry I haven't looked at the BS thread

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:41 pm 

Thanks ajohn. I'll try to find out if we can get better quality control or at least quality alerts before our readers find them.

We don't have e readers but we should be able to check pdf's.

Incidentally does anyone just order pdfs from F'wise and never download any of the E reader special versions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:43 am 

Thanks for the heads up, ajohn. I've requested that IZ225 be repaired and to be alerted when this is done. I'll post again when all is well.

Best wishes,
Pete
Electronic Editions Editor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 am 

Problems with the recent F'wise uploads as you may have seen upthread but IZ 226 is uploaded now. If you see problems please tell us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 pm 

I am just looking through the e-version (pdf) of IZ226, and this time the book cover scans are present. However, once again, mutant popcorn is missing.

ajohn
leeds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:03 am 

"expletive thought but not typed" thanks aJohn. I'll tell Pete. Have the other files been repared? Is it missing from another format for that issue have you noticed?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:20 am 

I am sorry to report that having just re-downloaded the pdf of IZ225, I find that it has *not* been repaired.
This did not surprise me.

Apologies for bearing less than good news

ajohn
leeds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:15 pm 

Thanks again aJohn.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:07 pm 

I can't help thinking you should just leave all the pictures out of the Fictionwise editions... They don't add much to reading it in e-ink readers (though they will look nice once I have an ipad), and seem to cause a lot of the problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 am 

Hi,

Well, seeing as I have, of late, been getting a bit more involved with the SF world, I thought it would be only proper to read the bloody magazines :D

I used to get my issues of Interzone from Forbidden Planet near Oxford Street near where I used to work (with Dillons) and when I moved to Japan, I had a subscription for a short time, before TTA Press were involved.

This time, I have decided to try out the electronic version first, so I've just downloaded the latest issues of Interzone and Black Static from Fictionwise. I'm going to tinker with formats but for now, I've got the pdfs which I hope to read on the Iphone. Maybe I'll hook up the laptop to the TV and read the magazines off that!

My eyes are getting as old as the rest of me.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling now. Just to say that doing the podcasts, I've come across some great stories so I'm really looking forward to reading more of them.

Cheers,

David

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next