Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:54 pm 

btw, with the Sony reader, I've now realised that if I just make the font bigger, I can very easily touch the link and jump around the content no problem, so ignore the last bit of my previous email :oops:

Cheers!

David

PS. Any news as to when 231 and 232 are out on Fictionwise? Mind you, haven't finished 230 yet though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:11 pm 

Not sure David but I'll ask. We always have problems with timely F'wise updates but CW 11 was very quick. That's automatic for F'wise whereas the magazines require them to actually do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:26 pm 

Pete said page numbers are left out because ebooks scroll down continuously so there's never really any given page. The lack of pages makes them compatible with a wide variety of ereaders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:29 am 

ajohn wrote:
Mutant popcorn is missing from the epub and pdf versions of IZ230, in keeping with previous issues. This is despite the fact that in this issue there is celebration of 25 years of mutant popcorn film reviews..

I've received word that this has been rectified, ajohn. Please let us know if the updated version meets your expectations. Cheers, Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:00 am 

So there are no more of these then?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:33 pm 

Sorry Blue. As you can see there are problems but we are working to do something about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:51 pm 

I've just submitted IZ 231 to Fictionwise eBooks and all being well it should go live on 4 October. As it's my first attempt at F'wise let me know if you find anything wrong. It does not include many images but I did upload a pdf of the issue with everything included.

Next I'll try Smashwords.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:15 am 

Sorry 4th Oct is rather optimistic. I've reread the F'wise notes and they state : "Titles are published in the order they are submitted. The first half of submitted titles are published the first Monday after the processing date, the other half are published the second Monday."

4 Oct is 'processing date' and a Tuesday. So if we pass the process it's 10 or 17 Oct before we go live at F'wise.

Assuming some of you tried Pete's earlier F'wise efforts did the table of contents link to the features and stories and enable you to 'click' or link your way around the issues?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:17 am 

Uploaded IZ 231, the Jason Sanford Special to Smashwords. It's got problems in layout/format but it's there. Not many images but with them it takes much longer to get the file ready.

The Kindle version looked OK when I tried it. Have not tried Epub yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:14 pm 

Aha! Got Interzone Issue 231 onto Smashwords with all the layout errors fixed. Of course you may find things the S'words programme missed but onward to Iz 232 or BS 19. Andy will decide. Iz 231 is available from S'words now, and is 'pending approval' for other E book sites; Diesel, Apple iTunes, Sony, Barnes & Noble and Kobo 2 to 3 weeks later. Assuming I made no bad errors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:28 am 

I think the S'words ePub version needs a bigger gap between the end of one story and the beginning of the next. I can't force page breaks though or create blank lines that will only work on the epub. Maybe graphics will help.

PS IZ 231 is now 'in production' on F'wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:46 pm 

We have an update on Fictionwise. We are still 5 issues behind but at least it's not 6. IZ Issue 231 now live.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:32 pm 

Interzone 232 now on Smashwords though there maybe layout errors that prevents sale on Apple iTunes and other online outlets. We shall see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11