Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: E Mags
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:47 pm 

The page breaks are in and it looks 'OK' on the 'simple' preview.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:00 pm 

Interzone 240 now live on Fictionwise. I changed the price but they don't seem to have imposed the usual first week discounts this time. All a mystery to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:18 pm 

Fictionwise discounts now imposed. So all prices of E book versions reset to $4.01. I was too quick for them I expect.
Also uploaded Black Static 28 to Fictionwise, live date due 12 or 19 June. Up to date on Black Statics even without the schedule change.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:40 pm 

eBlack Static 28 up to date and on Smashwords. Amazon soon but not tonight.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:14 am 

You can't look inside yet but Black Static #28 is now live on Amazon Kindle. It seems to take a while for the 'look inside' function to set up so maybe it will work later today.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:29 pm 

Now you can 'look inside'.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:41 am 

Black Static 28 is live, at last, on Fictionwise. They took their time.
Black Static 20 is now available on Amazon Kindle as well. I've reset the price to $4.24 but that may take a few hours too work through.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:09 pm 

Black Static 24 with Ramsey Campbell's 'Recently Used', Simon Bestwick's 'Dermot' plus stories from K. Harding Stalter, Simon McCaffery and Tim Lees now on Amazon, and Smashwords, at $4.24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:00 am 

Black Static #25 is now on Amazon and you can 'look inside'. This is February 2011's issue with Alison Littlewood's story 'About the Dark' which has been selected as one of the year's best.
We leave "Text-to-Speech: Enabled" does anyone take advantage? Is it worthwhile?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:35 am 

I tried the text-to-speech on my Kindle once and didn't like it much. Having said that, I would definitely leave it enabled for anyone out there with visual or reading difficulties. I know folk who work in technology for people with disabilities and books without the text-to-speech facility are a definite bugbear of theirs!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:37 am 

Good thinking Alison. I'll leave it then.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:18 am 

Black Static 21 is on sale at Amazon for Kindle with #22 and #23 soon to come. This issue of Black Static, #21, features James Cooper's 'Cushing' and Ray Cluley's 'Pins and Needles' along with Maura McHugh's 'Water', 'Extraneus Invokat' by Dan Grabianowski and 'Ulterior Design' by V.H. Leslie.
As this is a back issue from Feb 2011 the reviews are out and Sam Tomaino, at SF Revu, said "This was an absolutely perfect issue and you really must subscribe to Black Static!" Of 'Pins and Needles' Sam wrote "Cluley shows us a chilling look at a different kind of madness."
In his Case Notes reviews Peter Tennant interviews author Angela Slatter, after reviewing 3 of her books, before taking an in depth look at, at the new horror fiction category of zombie erotica. In his Blood Spectrum DVD reviews Tony Lee tell you all you need to know about ‘Piranha 3D’, ‘I Spit On Your Grave’ and ‘A Serbian Film’.
I corrected Sam's typo for Ray's name here but not on FB or Amazon. There you are forever Chuley Ray. Sorry.
Tricky question is it good form to correct an obvious typo in the original when quoting?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:11 am 

In the long wait for Black Static #29 I posted a couple more issues on Amazon for Kindle and they are there now and you can 'look within'. This link takes you to a choice of 9 issues, #20 to #28. #29 won't be there for a while yet. #22 & 23 are new today.
This means you can find stories from James Cooper, Simon Kurt Unsworth, Alison Littlewood, Simon Bestwick, Tim Lees, Steven Pirie, Daniel Kaysen, Carole Johnstone and many many more on our Kindle site.

The back issues of BS seem to be doing better than those of IZ on Kindle hence I posted a whole years worth. It does not seem worthwhile doing the same with IZ. But if you feel strongly ....

Hopefully I'll be busy with BS 29 and IZ 241 in the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:06 pm 

About Kindlegraph
Quote:
Kindlegraph lets authors send personalized inscriptions and signatures ("kindlegraphs") directly to the electronic reading devices of their fans.
To see it in action, check out the screencast.

any thoughts?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:27 pm 

I'm not able to play the clip yet (I will get the actual internet one day instead of relying on work computers and libraries) but it sounds like a good idea. I will check it out properly as soon as technologically possible.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 201 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next