Small text iconNormal text iconLarge text icon

INTERACTION

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MembersMembers   GroupsGroups   RegisterRegister 
 User Control PanelUser Control Panel      LoginLogin 

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:46 pm 

Black Static 26 Ebook, now live on Smashwords, has new stories with irresistible titles like 'The Demon Laplace' by Mark Rigney and 'Dizzy Land' by Andrew Hook plus Ray Cluley 's 'I Have Heard the Mermaids Singing', Gary McMahon's-'Remains' and Carole Johnstone's 'The Monster of Venice', columns by Christopher Fowler, Stephen Volk, Mike O'Driscoll; art by Ben Baldwin, Rik Rawling, Mark Pexton, Paul Milne; genre news & book reviews by Peter Tennant; DVD/Blu-ray reviews by Tony Lee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:23 am 

E Interzone 238 live at a new low price for a few days on Smashwords. Why - TTA Press ebooks are sold on both Smashwords and Fictionwise. The latter insist that we cannot sell ebook versions of our magazines elsewhere at a lower price than that on their site. Smashwords prices at $4.99 reflect this as we have a contract with Fictonwise. However F'wise discount prices in their first on sale week and also for 'club' members so this inclines us to reduce Smashwords prices to match F'wise club and launch discounts and see what happens. That means selling issues at $3.60 on Smashwords until 1 week after F'wise go live with a new issue and then $4.24 once Fictionwise reduce their first week discount. Does that make a difference? Let us know your thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:26 pm 

I've uploaded Interzone 239 to Fictionwise and it should go live May 1 before IZ 240 is published. So I've caught up if F'wise do their stuff.
The first F'wise E bookI uploaded was about 26/Sept but it didn't appear until October. As its 26 April today its taken me 7 months to catch up. Now for Smashwords and then on to Black Static 27.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm 

And nowInterzone 239 is live on Smashwords, as at least 3 purchasers found out before I had time to check the file and reload. Version 3 is now there and it is somewhat improved, I think, but never perfect. If you've bought it already thanks, and I think you can just download the 'improved version' at no extra charge. You were just too quick for me but you didn't miss any text. My alterations were layout and paging related. Please let me know of any problems.

As with IZ 238 I've matched the F'wise discounted price ($3.60) and will do that until the F'wise early discount ends. That might be May 7 or 14.

Post subject: Re: E Mags
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 pm 

Try it for free - we've reset the price for Black Static #19 on Smashwords so that you can get it for free or select the price you think is worthwhile.
You can try it and then download it again and pay then if you feel guilty about not paying the first time.
That issue contains Peter Tennant's massive anthology, and Steve Jones, special review section and the fiction is 'Chain Reaction' - Steve Rasnic Tem, 'Beachcombing' - Ray Cluley , 'The Sleep Mask' - Joel Lane, 'They Will Not - Rest' - Simon Clark & 'The Wound Dresser' - by Lavie Tidhar.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:13 pm 

Interzone 239 live on Fictionwise, a week later than expected, with new stories by Steve Rasnic Tem, Jon Wallace, Suzanne Palmer, Jacob A. Boyd, Matthew Cook and Nigel Brown. Jim Steel reviews Dark Eden and interviews author Chris Beckett. In Mutant Popcorn Nick Lowe shows how "Hollywood’s brutal one-parent policy is still more strictly enforced in 3D. 'In the brave new stereoscopic world all families are broken, and all fathers surrogate.'" Also on Smashwords

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 pm 

Black Static #27 now live on Smashwords with stories from 2012 BFS award nominee Simon Bestwick, Gord Sellar, Jacob Ruby, Stephen Bacon and V.H. Leslie plus Peter Tennant's interview with Alison Littlewood and plenty of book and DVD reviews.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:27 am 

Black Static #27 and Interzone #239 now live on Amazon Kindle. Prices vary according to local taxes like VAT. You can 'look inside' the Interzone but not the Black Static. I've no idea why that function is different for each magazine but if anyone can tell me I'll make the necessary adjustments.
There are slots for 10 contributor names on Amazon but the magazines have more than 10 contributors. So sorry to everyone I omitted. Amazon is also short of descriptive terms for contributors so everyone is an author, editor or illustrator. The other terms don't really fit.

I had some comments on Black Static #19 Smashwords E book edition so I've made some changes in the hope that I have improved matters. It's a free, or pay what you consider fair, download from Smashwords and please let us know what you think of it. That version will not be on other retail sites, like Apple, for another 2 or 3 weeks. Don't forget the free Interzone 230 is also there to be downloaded from Smashwords. (Roy)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 am 

TTA are now established on Amazon Kindle with the January and March 2012 editions of Interzone (#238 & 239) and February's Black Static (#27). You'll also find Black Static 26, the Dec 2011-Jan 2012 issue.
Amazon Kindle TTA Press Search.
More at http://ttapress.com/1313/amazon-kindle- ... tions/0/4/ if you are a contributor, fancy writing a blurb or wonder why prices vary.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:36 pm 

Interzone 236 on Amazon with stories from Mercurio D. Rivera, Jason Sanford (art from Jim Burns) Stephen Kotowych, Fiona Moore and Jon Ingold for $4.24 or thereabouts and you can 'look inside'.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:20 pm 

Thick and fast, Black Static #27 now live on Fictionwise. That's the Feb/March 2012 issue so we are 1 issue behind. Not quite caught up.
This issue has stories from 2012 BFS award nominee Simon Bestwick, Gord Sellar, Jacob Ruby, Stephen Bacon and V.H. Leslie. Also present are the innovative artwork, hard-hitting features and expert book & DVD reviews expected of this award winning horror and dark fantasy short story magazine. Many recognised authors started their careers in TTA publications and new ones continue this tradition, as the author interview, with Alison Littlewood, makes clear.

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:08 pm 

Excellent work, Roy. I'll have to pop into Waterstones and buy myself a Kindle now.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:24 am 

When's IZ #237 going onto the Kindle store?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 am 

Probably after IZ #240 now Jim but it is in Kindle format on Smashwords.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:15 am 

Thanks, Roy. Have a load of people on the San Stephanos holiday forum who want to read Digital Rites. Smashwords might be a bit technically challenging for them!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next